Sunday, May 27, 2012

Son

     Thirty two years ago my wife and I were blessed with a son. It was the speing of 1980. May 28th to be exact. Where has the time gone. Today, he is married and the father of twin boys.  He is smart and articulate and he has a heart as big as his 6' 4" frame.
     Since I first took him to work with me, at the auto repair shop, his thirst for knowledge on how machines work was beyond anything I could ever imagine.I have watched him do things with his hands that truly amaze me. He has become proficient in any job he decides to undertake.  He has been a waiter, a chef, a construction worker, a swimming pool installer and today he is a mechanical engineer.
     How proud of him his mother and I are. He never fails to be there whenever he is
needed.  He answers the call from not only us but anyone who even knows him just a little. He is always volunteering himself to assist his friends, whether it is to help them move or to fix a plumbing job.  He can always be counted on.
     Most importantly, he is a good husband and father. He provides for his family and he places them on a pedestal.  A lot of times when we do things together, like small jobs around the house, or helping me with my computer, he talks to me like I am the son. I step back and laugh and think my dad came back from the grave. He is so much like him.
Other times he is like his Mother. Real tough on the outside, but warm and tender on the inside.
     He is everything a man could want in a son. He is kind, generous, compassionate, loving, and strong.  He is without a doubt a precious gift that was bestowed on his mother and me.  We will always be thankful for him. He is truly one of God's gifts to the world.  It is a better place because he is in it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that son. He's the best thing to ever happen to me.

    ReplyDelete